Our work comes from a simple notion: Home is the foundation for everything in life. Our expertise ranges from interacting with officials on complex legislation, to investing in and developing properties, to making sure a child has a place to do homework.
Since the early 1970s, CommonBond Communities has provided homes and support for those most in need. We were founded in part as a response to racial and economic injustices. Today, nearly 50 years later, injustices still exist and our mission is more relevant than ever.
In 2016, CommonBond’s homes and services were the catalyst for these life-strengthening achievements:
• 65% of Study Buddies participants read at grade level (compared to 39% for local school districts)
• 100% of high school seniors in teen programs graduated high school (compared to 60-70% for local school districts)
• 242 adults in job placement programs moved from unemployment into new jobs
• 371 (93% of families at-risk) evictions were prevented, helping families maintain stability and kids attend school.
• 2,948 CommonBond residents strengthened their ties to the larger community by attending events in their neighborhood